- What: A one-hour improv workshop, including a performance opportunity
- Who: Guest teachers from D.C.’s Glade Dance Collective
- For: Dancers, but also any performers who are curious about movement.
- When: Sunday, July 30 @ 1:45pm at The Center for Performing Arts
- This is the first of two workshop opportunities.
- Price: $10
Workshop Details: Improvisation can be a rich way to generate choreography, or it can be the performance itself. Glade Dance Collective members, from Washington, D.C., will lead a workshop introducing participants to improvisation techniques and scores, plus will share how Glade uses improvisation in dance creation and performance. BONUS, participants will have the opportunity to perform improvisation scores Aug. 3 - 9 as part of Glade’s performance of Mine/Field at the Minnesota Fringe Festival.
Performance participation is totally optional. You may participate in the workshop without wanting to perform! If you do want to perform, stay directly after the 1-hour workshop for a 1-hour rehearsal.
Performance Details: You're invited to perform in two improv scores in up to five performances at Minnesota Fringe. Read more >>>