Improv workshops & performance opportunity for Twin Cities dancers
- What: A one-hour improv workshop, including a performance opportunity
- Who: Guest teachers from D.C.’s Glade Dance Collective
- When: Two workshop opportunities!
- Price: $10 (reserve via Zenon)
Workshop Details: Improvisation can be a rich way to generate choreography, or it can be the performance itself. Glade Dance Collective members, from Washington, D.C., will lead a workshop introducing participants to improvisation techniques and scores, plus will share how Glade uses improvisation in dance creation and performance. BONUS, participants will have the opportunity to perform improvisation scores Aug. 3 - 9 as part of Glade’s performance of Mine/Field at the Minnesota Fringe Festival.
Performance Details: Workshop participants are invited to perform improv scores they learned in Mine/Field, a dance about data and privacy, at the Minnesota Fringe Festival. (But you can still join the workshop without committing to perform!)
Performance participation is totally optional. You may participate in the workshop without wanting to perform! If you do want to perform, stay directly after the 1-hour workshop for a 1-hour rehearsal.
Performers may join Glade performers at any or all tech rehearsals and performances (We’ll ask performers to commit to which shows you’ll be at in person the night of the workshop, or over email by Tuesday Aug. 1 at 5pm.)
- REHEARSAL: Tuesday, Aug. 1 at TBD; (location TBD; likely Straightline)*
- TECH: Thursday, Aug. 3 at noon - 4pm; call 11:45am at The Ritz*
- Thursday, Aug. 3 show time at 10pm; call 8pm at Straightline
- Saturday, Aug. 5 show time at 8:30pm; call 6:30pm
- Sunday, Aug. 6 show time at 2:30pm; call 12:30pm
- Monday, Aug. 7 show time 5:30pm; call 3:30pm
- Wednesday, Aug. 9 show time 8:30pm; call 6:30pm
*Strongly encouraged, but if you can’t make it, let us know! We’ll work it out!