Glade Dance Collective is looking for guest dancers to to be a part of Mine/Field, performing at the Minnesota Fringe Festival this August!
We seek modern dancers (18 & up) with performance experience to join us for an exciting, invigorating, inspiring, and exhausting 10 days at Fringe. Please help us spread the word!
At rehearsals, Glade dancers will teach the choreography or improv score of several sections of the 50-minute piece, and then integrate guests and collective members as needed throughout the piece.
- FIVE performances over 10 days at the Minnesota Fringe Festival (Aug. 3 - 10, 2017).
- Shared access to one of our six Artist Passes (gets you free access to any non-sold-out Fringe show)
- A peek at Glade’s unique collective choreographic process
You should audition if you are:
- A modern dancer with performance experience
- Able to learn and retain movement material
- Able to commit to attend 90% of rehearsals
- Available for all tech/dress rehearsals and performances
- Eager to be a part of Minnesota Fringe
- Age 18 or older
(final schedule will be provided at audition)
- 2pm: Arrive to meet the Gladies and fill out some paper work
- 2:30 - 4:00pm: Movement audition, comprised of a warmup, improv scores, and phrase work
- 4:00 - 5:00pm: Break! Feel free to travel to grab a snack or early dinner. We'll follow up within the hour for those dancers who should return for rehearsal.
- 5:00 - 7:00: First rehearsal for cast dancers.
Rehearsals in June:
- Saturday, June 24 @ 5pm - 7pm at The Cowles Center
- Sunday, June 25 @ 11am - 2pm at The Center for Performing Arts (3754 Pleasant Ave S, Minneapolis)
Rehearsals in the week leading up to Fringe will be confirmed ASAP:
- TBD July 30 - Aug. 2 (let us know if you can recommend a great rehearsal space!)
Fringe Tech and Performances:
Tech and performances are all at Ritz Mainstage (345 13th Ave. NE, Minneapolis)
- TECH: To be confirmed between July 31 and Aug. 2 (we're waiting for confirmation from Fringe)
- Thursday Aug. 3 show time at 10pm
- Saturday Aug. 5 show time at 8:30pm
- Sunday Aug. 6 show time at 2:30pm
- Monday Aug. 7 show time 5:30pm
- Wednesday Aug. 9 show time 8:30pm
Show call times TBD; allow 2 hours prior to show time. See it in calendar form.
Trolls. Leaks. Hacks. Is the internet the problem, or are humans? Mine/Field originated in 2015 in Washington, D.C., but every show reflects its unique audience. Attendees receive two cards: a prompt to share a secret and a demographic survey. Early in the dance, The Collector sends her dancer-bots into the audience to collect the cards, then analyzes and displays the results of data collection. Selected secrets are revealed onstage through words and improvised movement. Mine/Field explores whether this collection and analysis is problematic or a benefit. (Spoiler alert: Humans are the problem.) Check out these excerpts, and/or listen to the music from the show.